An experimental Tablix installer for Microsoft Windows can be downloaded from http://www.tablix.org/~avian/tablix-win32
- Tablix kernel binary, compiled without PVM3,
- Tablix export utility,
- Default set of fitness and export modules in DLL form,
- Simple graphical frontend,
- Documentation in PDF and HTML format. No man pages.
Please read the following before installing:
- This package has only been tested on a single machine with Windows XP Home, service pack 2. It may not work on your system. Please add your feedback to the bottom of this page and/or send it to the mailing list.
- Based on 0.3.4 release.
- The simple graphical user interface should be sufficient for basic use, but for anything else Tablix still must be started from the command line.
- Tablix is compiled without PVM3. In can't run on a cluster and this usually results in lower quality of generated timetables.
To run Tablix from command line: open command prompt, cd into the directory where tablix2.exe is installed (usually somewhere in C:\Program Files) and run tablix2.exe (use "tablix2.exe -h" for help on available command line options).
"Browse" buttons in the GUI do not work on Windows Server 2003 (displays error "can't create object UserAccounts.CommonDialog").
No idea about compatibility with Windows Vista.
Some tips on compiling Tablix with PVM3 support: Tablix On Windows (with PVM3)