Help building Tablix with modules on Windows.

From: Manuel Alejandro Cerón Estrada <ceronman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 15:18:50 -0500

Hello.

I need to use Tablix on Windows. I've been using the prebuild
installer [1] mentioned in the wiki and it was ok. However, now I need
to use the fixed module [2] which unfortunately is not available with
the prebuild package.

I downloaded cygwin and tried to build Tablix on Windows without PVM3.
Configure script passes, make passes and make install passes. However,
I haven't been able to generete the modules DLL files. When I try to
run tablix I get an error like this:

[xmlsup] Can't load module '/usr/local/lib/tablix2/timeplace.dll'
[modsup] No such file or directory
[xmlsup] fatal: Module timeplace failed to load

I've looked for the timeplace.dll file inside my cygwin directory, but
I haven't found anything. I've read the cygwin documentation regarding
DLL generation [3], but I have no idea how to apply that to tablix.

I've tried to run the configure script with the --enable-shared option
without success.

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance.

Manuel Cerón.