Re: [tablix-list] About a new user interface

From: teoh <second_cometREMOVE@THISyahoo.com>
Date: Mon Apr 02 2007 - 04:22:13 CEST

I would suggest to simplify it without using any framework. Just create jsp and system call to the tablix binary file to execute it.

Les Richardson <les@celery.richtech.ca> wrote:
Hi Tomaz,

> I have looked into BackupPC and it looks nice but I don't think we
> should follow that example. It looks pretty much like a classical CGI
> application, for example mixing HTML code with Perl.

I don't use any kind of framework... Open Admin is a simple application
using only some LaTeX templates with a metadata table controlling editing
functions, etc.

I would build a scheduling component in the same fashion to integrate with
OA and to also provide stand alone functionality to Tablix.

Les R.

> I think it would be better to use one of the frameworks. There are a
> couple of them available for Perl. Catalyst
> (http://www.catalystframework.org) for example supports a lot of
> different operating systems and looks like it's quite easy to use.
> There's also CGI::Application. However I have no experience with either
> of them.
>
> Do you use any of these for Open Admin?
>
> Best regards
> Tomaz