Re: [tablix-list] gtablix 0.0.9-9 development release

From: Nicholas Robinson <nprREMOVE@THISbottlehall.co.uk>
Date: Sat Oct 22 2005 - 09:59:39 CEST

Hi

Replying to Bostjan and Tomaz...

I tried using the tarball instead of the rpm and have had some success. The
differences for a Redhat installation Core 4 (I mistakenly said 4 in my
earlier message but meant 3 as I've only 'upgraded' in the past two weeks)
seem to have been resolved and filechooser is now present.

One problem: gtablix believes gettext.pm should be Locale::gettext. Redhat
thinks it is without the Locale:: prefix. Removing this from the 'use'
directive overcomes this problem. I don't know if there is a more elegant
solution to detect where gettext is located for any particular installation,
if it varies.

I got the same problem as Tomaz with modulesref.xml so I applied the patch.
This doesn't work for me as my version of 'tablix2 -v' doesn't include the
line 'Module documentation available in'. I'm not sure why as I should have a
standard (albeit dated 30/8/5) copy of cvs tablix2. Changing the file
modinfo.pm to point to my correct location MAKES GTABLIX WORK!

I get a couple of messages on start-up:
/home2/npr/.gtablixrc: No such file or directory
Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry
at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi/gettext.pm line 30.

Touching /home2/npr/.gtablixrc makes the first one go away. The second one may
be due to some redhat quirk or something I suppose.

Gtablix doesn't like my configuration file, it hangs around after clicking ok
in the filechooserdialogue and eventually kde decides the window isn't
responding. If I try to read example files included in the distributions, it
complains of parsing errors. Will it only read files it has generated itself?

I can't get it to run tablix2 although it correctly identifies where the
executable is and pvm is running. I can run tablix2 from shell. No
diagnostics are shown.

Interface looks great.

BW