Re: [tablix-list] Observations and Queries

From: Nicholas Robinson <nprREMOVE@THISbottlehall.co.uk>
Date: Sat Jun 25 2005 - 12:49:43 CEST

Hi

Thanks for the info, I'd be grateful for the config file for iBuild.

When I upgraded pvm last time I had a problem accessing the remote machines
and raised a query on a mailing list or something. The response was SSH was
the preferred/most reliable authentication method even on a local network.
Presumably, this should overcome most of the security threats? Can you use
the pvm hosts file to restrict what can be executed?

In an idle moment, I was wondering if it would be possible and useful to have
some sort of tablix/tablix2 processing collective with people offering access
to their machines to run tablix? I'd be willing to have a go.

Best Wishes

Nick