Re: [tablix-list] Modification to preferred.c?

From: Nicholas Robinson <nprREMOVE@THISbottlehall.co.uk>
Date: Fri Jun 03 2005 - 19:06:22 CEST

Hi Tomaz

My first thought is to leave consecutive.c alone and change preferred.c. I
wonder if, for an event where repeats>1, preferred.c should:

1. Accept a preferred-period (and no preferred-day) restriction and apply it
to every instance of the event - wanting to schedule a repeat event at the
same time of day seems a sensible thing to want to do.

2. Accept a preferred-day (and no preferred-period), issue a non-fatal error,
but apply it to every instance of the event - seems a less likely intention
to want to schedule every instance on the same day.

3. If both preferred-day and preferred-period are present, issue a non-fatal
error, but only apply them to one instance of the event. The user's intention
(assuming not a mistake) is probably that one instance needs to be at a
specific time, with the other instances less important.

The user is kept informed of what is going on and it works if a 'consecutive'
restriction is present without either module being aware of the other.

If you don't like this, I'll go ahead with your suggestion. I'm not set in
stone on it! An advantage of your suggestion would seem to be that you can
have different weights for 'consecutive-preferred...' and 'preferred...'

Best Wishes