Re: [tablix-list] How to access current room allocation

From: Nicholas Robinson <nprREMOVE@THISbottlehall.co.uk>
Date: Sun May 22 2005 - 23:07:54 CEST

Hi

I've now had a chance to read the updated doc and apart from a momentary panic
about the new debug level 5 - it was a relief that using 5 instead of the old
maximum 4 doesn't produce anything extra!

The new documentation suggests that if a restriction is defined as being
associated with a resource type, then putting the restriction within an
instance of that resource type should be okay.

Attached is a config file that I hope demonstrates the problem using
sametime.c.

Reading the sametime.c code it would seem that a teacher restriction
'same-time-as' should work. If I have a timetable with 10 available times and
I schedule 10 lessons for each of two teachers and make the teachers conflict
with 'conflicts-with' then tablix should never converge to a solution. Tablix
doesn't register anything in conv?.txt and so terminates after 300+
generations with fitness 0.

The config file is attached.

I'll await your input as I don't think I can do anymore.

Best Wishes

Nick