Re: [tablix-list] Tablix 0.2.1 development release

From: Nicholas Robinson <nprREMOVE@THISbottlehall.co.uk>
Date: Sat May 07 2005 - 07:45:23 CEST

On Thursday 05 May 2005 08:56, Tomaž Šolc wrote:
> The functionality of the "more-teachers" restriction can now be
> implemented in the way that is similar to "conflicts-with" restriction
> for classes. The new kernel supports conflicts between arbitrary
> resources.

I'll have a go at porting this module next...

> I'm not sure  about the "more-rooms", but in that case I
> think it would make more sense to just define two separate events and
> say that they should happen at the same time (something like the
> "forcesametime.so" module in 0.1.1)?

Presumably, we will have to give the first event a unique name so that it can
be referred to in the restriction within the second event? I think we have
lost the ability to use year/class that we used to use with 'same-time-as'
restrictions? If so, would it be better to have a separate attribute for
events (maybe called ID) to allow the NAME attribute to continue to be used
for display purposes without having to clean up the generated timetable? In
my timetable, this will mean that I end up with 12 for each subject that I
will then need to replace in the generated htmlcss output.

Is it going to be possible to define an event that doesn't require a teacher?
If the requirement is to have one class, one teacher but two rooms then the
second event needed to create the extra room is really teacher-less. At the
moment this generates an error from the parser about missing constant
resource type 'teacher'. I suppose we could have phantom teachers but this
again adds to the post-processing burden.

Regards