Re: [tablix-list] 0.2.0 configuration format

From: Boštjan Špetič <igzebedzeREMOVE@THISauch.eu.org>
Date: Sat Jan 08 2005 - 12:35:00 CET

> | 3. Point 2 can be addressed by the implementation of a complete user
> | interface to generate the input file - but gtablix is broken for me
> | (it has been for about six weeks) and wasn't complete the last time I
> | was able to use it. A critical component that is independent and so
> | outwith the control of the core project doesn't seem the best design
> | philosophy.
>
> My design philosophy is to separate the interface from the engine. This
> is the case with most unix software and I intend to stick to it.

i am very unhappy to hear this. i worked quite hard this past month, improving just about anything i could think of. if you actually wanted to use gtablix again and it didn't work, please send me an email. there are debian packages avaliable now, i've used them on two different systems.

since tomaz is doing a rewrite, i'll probably have to follow, if there will be any interest. this will mean a large rewrite of gtablix also, so any design flaws can be corrected. i'm open for suggestions. after the modifications, gtablix could1 probably be able to open/close the older and the newer tablix file format.

i don't think, that there is a problem in separation of the two projects, but rather in the fact, that gtablix is much younger project with almost no user response.

oh, btw, gtablix has new web page: http://igzebedze.shacknet.nu/gtablix

regards, bostjan