Re: [tablix-list] Baffled trying to build Debian package from CVS version of Tablix

From: Tomaz Solc <>
Date: Wed Dec 22 2004 - 18:02:10 CET

| 1) The version number of the .deb file is 0.1.0-1 - exactly the same
| as the released version. I would like to change this to avoid
| confusion but can't find where it is set.

Package building scripts get the version from the debian changelog file

| 2) The freshly built debian package installs the modules under
| /usr/lib/tablix but the binaries in the same package expect them to
| be in /usr/local/lib/tablix and so can't find them. Again, I'm
| trying to find where these are set in the build directories.

Most likely this is because you did not clean the source tree before
compiling Tablix for your debian package. First do

fakeroot debian/rules clean

and then

fakeroot debian/rules binary.

The module path isn't set anywhere in the source. It is set by the
./configure script with the HAVE_MODULE_PATH define.

Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird -