Re: [tablix-list] Pale grey means, "I've scheduled a lesson you didn't ask for"!?

From: John Winters <johnREMOVE@THISsinodun.org.uk>
Date: Tue Dec 21 2004 - 22:31:27 CET

I haven't yet managed to track down where exactly in the code is causing
the failure described earlier, but I have managed to create an extremely
minimal input file which demonstrates the problem. This confirms my
earlier diagnosis of what is happening, although I haven't yet managed
to find out why it's happening.

To summarise the problem again, although the input file specifies that
9-ENG2 must have their lessons at the same time as 9-ENG1 and that
9-MAT2 must have their lessons at the same time as 9-MAT1 this isn't
what happens, despite an apparent 0,0 solution. The forcesametime
module seems to regard a slot where a lesson for 9-MAT1 *cannot* be
scheduled (because there is a lesson for 9-ENG1 scheduled then) as being
equivalent to a slot where a 9-MAT1 lesson is scheduled.

The relationship can be seen diagramatically like this.

      9-ENG1 <= Mutually exclusive => 9-MAT1
         | |
         | |
     Same time Same time
         | |
         | |
      9-ENG2 9-MAT2

The software however behaves as if 9-ENG2 lessons are allowed to occur
when their is *either* a 9-ENG1 lesson *or* a 9-MAT1 lesson.

Please find attached the input file and a sample output file.

Cheers,
John

Tablix output

Shiplake College

Shiplake Court, Shiplake, Henley-on-Thames

John Winters

Mon

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9-ENG1 Maths