Re: [tablix-list] Pale grey means, "I've scheduled a lesson you didn't ask for"!?

From: Nicholas Robinson <nprREMOVE@THISbottlehall.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue Dec 21 2004 - 19:34:55 CET

John

Your explanation certainly sound plausible. It may be the cause of some or all
of the problems I am having. I usually get down to around 24 timeplace errors
which are caused, if you are right, because it can't schedule the lessons
into what it thinks is an already full timetable - actually over-full because
I use one 'core' class to schedule games and CDT for two years and another
for each year to schedule English, Maths and sometimes French to an
individual year, with lowest level hierarchy being the sets.This results in
conflicts with up to 6 other classes, the result is that the top hierarchy
has 3X tuples, the middle hierarchy 2X and lowest level X where X is the
number of lessons per week.

What is strange is that it doesn't always have enough tuples - sometimes there
are 1,2 or even 3 missing from the sets and these depress the higher level
class counts. Eventually, if the run goes on long enough the sets all show 41
tuples which is the correct answer. I haven't read anywhere that it delays
adding tuples, I thought it set them all up at the outset.

Because of the problems I've had with forcesametime, I've used this
heirarachical approach with more-rooms and more-teachers to create enough
sets. I think I might try to use the 'group' way though as it would make it
easier to produce output that doesn't need editing or further processing.

Regards

Nick