Preferred Rooms

From: Nicholas Robinson <nprREMOVE@THISbottlehall.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 20:18:56 CET

I'm not making much progress...

It seems that putting the preferred-room restrictions as I have now, which
seems to be where Tomaz is suggesting they should go, doesn't have any
effect.

Numerous runs of many hours always comes down to about 4-6 placecapability
errors and about 18 timeplace errors - usually with 2 doubleperiod errors as
well.

In at least one timetable, I can see a lesson of one subject being taught by a
teacher where the immediately following lesson is another subject taught by
the same teacher which should be part of a double. The second lesson is being
taught as a duplicate tuple at another time. Thus it is contributing to a
doubleperiod error and a timeplace error and there is a gap elsewhere in the
same classes timetable so it should at least move it there and end up with
only a doubleperiod error.

I think I am going to go back to the released version and see if I can get any
better results without the 'preferred-room' mod.

Regards

nic