Re: [tablix-list] Still got gaps...

From: Nicholas Robinson <nprREMOVE@THISbottlehall.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 00:04:34 CET

Helloooo

I've been through the file and verified:

1. There are at least 20% more rooms available than we actually have for the
real timetable based on this specification.
2. Teacher JL is set to work the whole week but in fact she only works
Thursday and Friday.
3. Every class has exactly the right number of lessons specified in the input
file so there should be no "gaps" in their timetables - apart from Wednesday
lessons 6-9.

Tablix completed the run using the attached file bhps.xml with the last few
lines of conv.txt as:

6304 11300 0 0 5 0 0 28 11 0
0 1 19
6305 11300 0 0 5 0 0 28 11 0
0 1 19
6306 11300 0 0 5 0 0 28 11 0
0 1 19

This shows that:

1. There were 5 double-periods that could not be scheduled.
2. There were 28 timeplace errors.
3. There were 11 placecapability errors.
4. There was 1 subject-morning error.
5. There were 19 subject-afternoon errors (see my earlier email for an
explanation of this).

The mandatory error count was 0.

There are 33 gaps in the timetable, presumably corresponding to the 5 + 28
errors detailed above. My query is that the gaps shouldn't be there. It would
be more useful for me if the the lessons were there in the timetable even
with duplicate rooms. It's easier for me to re-allocate rooms by hand than to
try to work out which lessons are missing and then schedule them than it is
simply to find a spare room for a duplicate room.

Best Wishes

Nick