Still got gaps...

From: Nicholas Robinson <nprREMOVE@THISbottlehall.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri Dec 03 2004 - 08:01:37 CET

I've simplified the input file again in an attempt to get to a point where
tablix will get to zero errors. I've also added a total of six fictitious
rooms capable of doing everything except science. I don't see how it can be
science because we only have one science teacher, the science room is
restricted to teaching science and his personal timetable isn't full and
shows him teaching in there all the time.

Running tablix, the timetable rapidly reaches a point where there are no
"sametime" errors, which I understand from reading the manual means that
there should be no gaps in the timetable even if some of the lessons are
scheduled to be in the same room at the same time. Yet when I look at the
output I get loads and loads and loads and loads of gaps - far more than
correspond to the number of timeplace errors plus placecapability errors.
I've checked and re-checked the input file a dozen times and am as sure as I
can be that there are no errors.

Can you sense my frustration building up? What am I doing wrong or could it be
a bug?

Thanks for any help.

Nick