Re: [tablix-list] Further Qs

From: Nicholas Robinson <nprREMOVE@THISbottlehall.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 23:04:18 CET

After my mistake on my other email of last evening, I thought I'd better check
this one to make sure I hadn't done something similar. Lo and behold, I
forgot to attach the files. Oh dear, it must have been a bad night.... Well,
on reflection probably no worse than usual!

I've gone ahead and implemented the simpler approach of allocating the extra
teacher to the English and Maths sets and doing away with the extra
complexity - and so the second attachment is the whole file rather than a
subset. It seems much more maintainable this way. I'm doing as suggested in
the documentation and tweaking the weights to get down to zero errors.

Am I right in thinking that the cause of timeplace errors is simply that
tablix can't find enough rooms with the right capability/capabilities in
order to allocate lessons that are otherwise okay to be at the same time?

I had a quick look at seeing if my more-rooms suggestion was easy, but if it
is the same sort of thing as more-teachers then it seems non-trivial!