Re: [tablix-list] schooltool bounty and/or bakeoff

From: Tomaz Solc <tomaz.solcREMOVE@THISsiol.net>
Date: Sat Oct 30 2004 - 17:12:22 CEST

Hi

> It certainly *can* be done by Tablix (and has to be, as part of the
> process of producing a workable timetable) but AFAICS it's currently
> excessively tedious to set up. I'd love someone to prove me wrong,
> but I don't think the obvious facilities are there.

I've modified sametime.so module a bit. It now supports a "group" type
of restriction that allows to define the "column" type of a timetable in
a simple way. Tablix still works as before, only all the required
"conflicts-with" restrictions are now hidden from the user.

The modified module is available from my CVS server (it is in the main
branch). I've also written a sample configuration that defines the
example timetable you described in one of your previous emails. You can
download it from the following URL

http://www.kiberpipa.org/~tomaz/tablix/groups.xml

I haven't yet had time to completely check if this works as it should in
all cases and it probably contains some bugs.

Also the human readable timetable produced by tablix_output isn't very
useful in this case (at least not for students), so I guess a new export
module would also be needed.