Re: [tablix-list] newbie

From: Tomaz Solc <tomaz.solcREMOVE@THISsiol.net>
Date: Wed Sep 01 2004 - 22:47:55 CEST

Hi

> I am totally new to "what looks like a wonder piece of software"
> tablix. Could anyone please share with me their school xml
> configuration file with detailed explanation or point me to a real
> live configuration link.

You can find two example configuration files in the distribution tar
file. They are also located in the /usr/share/doc/tablix/examples
directory on Tablix on Morphix (they are named "sample.xml.gz" and
"tough.xml.gz", uncompress them with gzip first). These two files are
based on real data from two schools, with only the names of the teachers
changed to protect personal information.

> I have looked at the 'configuration file format' but doesn't seem to
> make much sense to me when references are made to "title=title" and
> "teacher=teacher".

If you are referring to this example:

<subject title="Title1" teacher="Teacher1"/>

Replace "Title1" with an actual title of a subject (like "physics" or
"PHY") and replace "Teacher1" with the name of an actual teacher that
will teach this subject (like "Wile E.").

> I am using Tablix on Morphix.

By the way: Tablix on Morphix has a slightly outdated version of Tablix.
I'm working on ToM 0.0.2, but I don't know when it will be ready.