Re: [tablix-list] Tablix needs your help

From: Jaume Obrador <obradorREMOVE@THISespaiweb.net>
Date: Fri Jun 25 2004 - 07:18:27 CEST

Hi Tomaz,

Here's my report:

I'm Jaume Obrador, the computer administrator and math teacher of the
high school "Col.legi Sant Alfons" from Felanitx, Spain
(http://www.lledoner.com).

Two years ago I considered to use a computer program to make the
timetable. After many days looking for an application that would meet
our requirements (both free or non-free software), I found tablix, which
nearly (but not at all) fit the needs of our needs. That's normal,
because every country has different requirements for making the
timetable.

So there was some features we needed that tablix didn't have, but here
comes the magic of free software: I myself could make some contributions
to tablix in order to fit our requirements.

I can say that the result using tablix was excel.lent. In 3 hours I
could get a very good, error free timetable that fit all our
requirements and was good enough to fit the teacher, class and subject
preferences.

This year I'm using tablix again, getting again the best results that
the staff is expecting.

Regards,
Jaume Obrador.

P.D. you can check for errors.