Re: [tablix-list] Best hardware for Tablix performance

From: Tomaz Solc <tomaz.solcREMOVE@THISsiol.net>
Date: Sun Jun 06 2004 - 16:22:32 CEST

> 3) I'd have to persuade support to create me some DHCP entries.

You don't need any additional DHCP entries. You don't need any DHCP
servers at all. Tablix on Morphix takes care of that (it includes it's
own DHCP and DNS servers).

The only thing you should need is the posibillity to disconnect the LAN
segment with your cluster from the rest of the network (because using
Tablix on Morphix can interfere with your usual DHCP servers).

As for the hyperthreading versus 64 bit cpu question, I would say that
cpus with hyperthreading would be a better choice for use with Tablix. I
don't really know all the benefits that 64 bit processors have, but
Tablix certainly has no use for extended address space. Unless gcc can
efficiently use the new instruction set with existing C code, I think
additional logical processors you get with hyperthreading are a much
better choice.