Re: [tablix-list] Best hardware for Tablix performance

From: John Winters <johnREMOVE@THISsinodun.org.uk>
Date: Sun Jun 06 2004 - 15:23:43 CEST

On Sun, 2004-06-06 at 14:12, igzebedze wrote:
> > Unfortunately, although we have hundreds of machines on site, almost
> > all
> > of them run Windows so I can't get the immediate ultra-powerful cluster
> > which would be so useful.
>
> hm.. why not use tablix on morphix?

It's a possibility, but...

1) I'd have to take exclusive use of a whole computer room.
2) Most of our computers don't have CD drives.
3) I'd have to persuade support to create me some DHCP entries.
4) Our internal IT support people are of the nervous type. "I don't
understand quite how any of this works so please don't ever ask me to
change anything."

I could probably do it for a day or two, but any longer would be
politically unacceptable.

John