Best hardware for Tablix performance

From: John Winters <johnREMOVE@THISsinodun.org.uk>
Date: Sun Jun 06 2004 - 14:33:44 CEST

There's a possibility I might manage to swing a new and powerful machine
for doing timetables next year. Even if we stick to our existing
software (which can use only one machine) it would be very useful.

Unfortunately, although we have hundreds of machines on site, almost all
of them run Windows so I can't get the immediate ultra-powerful cluster
which would be so useful. I might however be able to swing a
dual-processor box for my own use. Which would the team expect to be
better - processors with hyper-threading (making it almost a 4 processor
box) or 64 bit processors (AMD Opteron)?

John