Re: [tablix-list] Which file to take as output?

From: Tomaz Solc <tomaz.solcREMOVE@THISsiol.net>
Date: Sat Jun 05 2004 - 23:09:13 CEST

> As output I now have 12 .xml files - I specified 12 nodes for input.
> Each of them seems to be capable of producing an output file with
> tablix_output. Which one should I be using?

Choose the one that you think it is the best. All solutions satisfy your
restrictions. There are only minor differences between them. I usually
do the following:

$ grep grade result?.xml

This will show the grade (fitness value) of each solution. You can then
choose the solution that has the lowest grade (and is probably the
best).

> Supplementary question - how does one produce a graph like the ones on
> the Tablix web page?

See "plotme" and "plotmore" utilities. They are in the test/
subdirectory in the source distribution or in the
/usr/share/doc/tablix/examples in debian packages. Example usage:

./plotme ./

will plot data from all conv?.txt files in the current directory.

./plotmore conv0.txt xmlfile.xml

will plot the number of errors for each module used versus time (actualy
generations).

Hope that helps
Tomaz Solc