Re: New module

From: Tomaz Solc <tomaz.solcREMOVE@THISsiol.net>
Date: Thu Jun 03 2004 - 11:32:27 CEST

Hi

> I would like to write a module (or possibly 2).
>
> One would be for allowing to set a free period for a class. It would
> be a class restriction of the way:
>
> <restriction type="free-period">2</restriction>
>
> And another would be for allowing to set a free period for a certain
> teacher. In this case I don't know how to manage it. Where to put the
> restriction? In any case this I can do it by creating dummy classes
> and assign a dummy subjects at the corresponding periods.

Dummy classes would be the most simple solution to your problem. If you
want to write a module for this, I suggest that you define a subject
restriction. Your module can then use that restriction as a restriction
for the teacher that is teaching that subject.

> But my question is: I can create the file in ./modules/, but how can I
> do for compiling? should I place some lines in ./modules/configure.am
> or./modules/configure.in? What steps must I follow?

You only have to edit the modules/Makefile.am file. Add the following
two lines at the end of the file:

xxx_la_SOURCES = xxx.c
xxx_la_LDFLAGS = -no-undefined -module -avoid-version

Replace xxx with the name of your module. Then add "xxx.la" to the line
beginning with "pkglib_LTLIBRARIES".

Now you have to run "autoconf; automake" from the top directory (You can
also do "make -f Makefile.cvs" if you are using the CVS version).