some module contributions

From: Richard Taylor <rtaylorREMOVE@THISouc.bc.ca>
Date: Wed Nov 24 2004 - 05:46:25 CET

Hi,

I started working with Tablix a month ago, and so far I'm very
impressed. Thanks for all your hard work!

I've written four simple modules to provide features I wanted. I've
attached them here in case you think they warrant inclusion with future
releases. Feel free to distribute them, so long as my name remains
attached to them. See the module descriptions below.

Regards,

Richard Taylor
Okanagan University College
Salmon Arm BC, Canada

subject_dispersion.so

Similar to student_perday.so, except dispersions are calculated on a
per-subject-class pair basis, so as to distribute the schedule for each
subject-class pair as evenly as possible throughout the week (accounting
for a 2-day weekend). Dispersion is defined as the sum of the squares
of the number of days between meetings of a given subject-class pair.
Number of added weights is equal to the sum of dispersions for all
subject-class pairs.

subject_sameperiod.so

Adds a weight for each subject-class pair that is scheduled at different
times on different days. (The goal is to make the schedule more
symmetrical, by having each subject-class pair meet at the same time
each day, if possible.)

subject_sameroom.so

Adds a weight for each subject that is scheduled in different rooms on
different days. (The goal is to make the schedule more symmetrical, by
having each subject-class pair meet in the same room each day, if
possible.)

teacher_dayoff.so

Adds a weight for each teacher who is scheduled to teach on both the
first and last days of the week. (At my college we try to have one
non-teaching day for each instructor -- preferably a Friday or Monday.)